Any news about Blends in tasks selection (Was: Debian Installer Jessie Beta 2 release)

Hi Cyril,

On Sun, Oct 05, 2014 at 09:11:24PM +0200, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> The Debian Installer team[1] is pleased to announce the second beta
> release of the installer for Debian 8 "Jessie".

thanks for your report and your continuous work on the installer.

I wonder what might be the opinion of the installer team about bug
#758116 which contains the suggestion to add Blends to the tasks
selection menu and whether we could do something to help with the
implementation.  The bug report received a lot of agreement from people
working in different Blends but only one question[1] of Joey Hess
probably wearing his tasksel maintainer hat.  For me it is not clear
whether this is an issue of deciding what Blend to include (Joey's
question was targeting into this direction) or whether you hesitate to
implement this at all.  Since it is not clear whether you think this
kind of menu is sensible or not we did not yet mindet providing patches
or so to support your work.  Some kind of statement could be motivating
to provide more work on the technical side.

Kind regards and thanks again for your work on the installer

     Andreas.

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=758116#140

--
http://fam-tille.de