Re: Debian Installer Jessie Beta 2 release

Hi,

Le 05/10/2014 21:11, Cyril Brulebois a écrit :

Important changes in this release of the installer
[...]
 * A list of desktop environments is displayed in tasksel, making it
   easy to install another desktop environment (or several of them).
   Unfortunately that is currently a bit underdocumented (#764026).

Testing debian-jessie-DI-b2-kfreebsd-amd64-netinst.iso under qemu, if I only choose « Graphical desktop environment », d-i don't install any DE, just something like desktop-base. It seems that I have to choose explicitly (Xfce in my specific case).

I've seen default_desktop_for_arch() in http://sources.debian.net/src/tasksel/3.28/default_desktop/ but I don't know if it's used. (If not, you successfully get rid of « default desktop » difficulty !)
Do I need to mention this in #764026, or it's not a desired feature ?

Note that I didn't try linux kernel to compare, and it could be kfreebsd-specific.

Baptiste