[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: Are there packages for which NO upload is wished right now?

Christian PERRIER <bubulle@debian.org> (2014-10-03):
> Hello,
> 3 packages currentrly have pendign changes in git:
> ./busybox/debian/changelog
> ./partman-md/debian/changelog
> ./flash-kernel/debian/changelog
> Given that Cyril is currently assembling a release, I prefer asking
> first: are there any of these for which I should refrain from my
> "upload fast" policy?
> (notice that I just resynced packages with pending l10n-only uploads:
> none is currently waiting)

Packages having trivial changes only (e.g. l10n) are probably safe to
upload. In case of a need for an emergency upload, the extra diff from
testing should not get in the way, and the uploader should be able to
work on fixing the things which warranted the upload instead of having
to worry about the extra changes that happened inbetween.

> busybox (1:1.22.0-9) UNRELEASED; urgency=medium
>   * cherry-pick find /BITS patch from upstream (Closes: #760637)
>  -- Michael Tokarev <mjt@tls.msk.ru>  Tue, 09 Sep 2014 10:51:44 +0400

Was uploaded minutes ago.

> partman-md (71) UNRELEASED; urgency=low
>   * Ajust mdadm.conf generation, thanks to Michael Tokarev (Closes: #763073):
>     - Send the first line (comment) to the appropriate file, using $CF.
>     - Stop hardcoding the parent directory, compute it from $CF.
>  -- Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org>  Mon, 29 Sep 2014 01:32:09 +0200

I think I mentioned somewhere (in the BTS probably) no upload was needed
(minor bug). That doesn't forbid an upload though.

> flash-kernel (3.26) UNRELEASED; urgency=medium
>   * Install a symlink to the latest dtb in /boot/dtb and keep a backup of the
>     actual file.
>   * Add a generic u-boot boot.scr using the upstream config_distro_bootcmd.h
>     infrastructure.
>   * Add support for the Arndale board.
>   * Install uImage and uRamdisk to /boot on Xgene platform and load dtb from
>     the correct path.
>  -- Ian Campbell <ijc@debian.org>  Tue, 23 Sep 2014 19:51:12 +0100

I'd say talk to f-k guys before touching that one; I fully trust their
judgment and (pretend I) don't know anything about it.

Hope that answers your questions, even if I feel that's really a grey
area, where setting up definitive guidelines is slightly hard. Since
image building should be hours away now, delaying an upload by a day or
two if you're in doubt should be the safest bet.


Attachment: signature.asc
Description: Digital signature

Reply to: