Re: (Almost) Time for Jessie Beta 2?

Steven Chamberlain <steven@pyro.eu.org> (2014-09-12):
> Actually, a complex chain of events needs to occur before that happens,
> some of it will be out of our control (waiting for a bugfix in a build
> dependency), so this likely can't happen for a couple of days.  Then it
> should have urgency=low to give at least 10 days for testing.
>
> Assuming d-i Beta 2 is planned in about a week(?), this cannot be done
> and migrated in time.  Would you recommend that we delay uploading it to
> sid, to avoid interfering with the d-i release process?  Or does it not
> matter?

That really depends on the involved components. :)

> Even a release two days from now (after partman-ufs migrates) is good
> for me;  it will be already very much better than Beta 1, and we'll
> start to get more useful feedback from testers.

FWIW:

partman-ufs |            19 |    testing | source, kfreebsd-amd64, kfreebsd-i386
partman-ufs |            19 |   unstable | source, kfreebsd-amd64, kfreebsd-i386

(see top of https://release.debian.org/britney/hints/kibi)

> But if I'm able to make partman-zfs changes today or tomorrow, and
> someone can upload it for me, it would be nice if it migrated in time to
> get into Beta 2, so that we can get better feedback from testers on ZFS
> installs in particular.

ACK. I should be available for uploading those changes once they're in git.

Mraw,
KiBi.