Re: More tasks option in Tasksel: what tasks do you want there? (reloaded)

> On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 11:15 PM, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> > - database-server: commonly one would expect MySQL, and postgress gets
> > installed

[Paul Wise]
> Isn't tasksel for people with no expectations? People who know
> something about the technology they are looking for will install the
> relevant packages instead of following tasksel recommendations.

Yeah but in what possible world would anybody want a "database server"
but not care which DBMS it is?  I mean, on the basic level of MySQL
vs. Postgres, not "which fork of mysql is cool this week."  I just
can't fathom the use case for this particular task.  Yes, there are
cases where you need a DBMS but you don't have an opinion, but I
suspect in that case what you need the DBMS for is some other package,
which then Depends: or Recommends: on a suitable DB engine.

Peter