Using machine-readable copyright files in D-I packages

While building packages that have pending changes, I noticed the
newly-introduced lintian warning about "no machine-readable
debian/copyright file".

Fixing this should be easy....as long as one *does* find copyrights in
the files provided by a given package.

For instance:

bubulle@sesostris:~/src/debian/debian-installer/trunk/packages/partman-efi(master) $ licensecheck -r --copyright *
bubulle@sesostris:~/src/debian/debian-installer/trunk/packages/partman-efi(master) $

What is the recommended practice in such case?

Go through the git commit log and pick changes one by one and assign
the copyright to the relevant person in the relevant file (which is
something that has to be automated in order to be doable)?

Just assign the copyright collectively (but to what entity)?

Ignore the "problem" and leave debian/copyright as is?