Re: Alpha install ISOs

--On August 26, 2014 at 4:22:35 PM +0100 Ian Campbell <ijc@hellion.org.uk> wrote:

> On Mon, 2014-08-25 at 21:26 -0700, Bill MacAllister wrote:
>> [...]
>> E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'usb-storage-modules-3.10-3-alpha-generic-di'
>
>> Seems like I need to create those packages for Alpha.  How do I do that?
>
> Those should all come from the kernel packaging. I expect alpha already
> has a kernel and you just need to update the KERNEL_VERSION = 3.10-3
> somewhere in the d-i tree to whatever the current kernel version is.

I think you are referring to the values in the config/alpha.cfg file.  I set
the following values there:

KERNELVERSION = 3.10-3-alpha-generic
KERNELMAJOR = 3.10

That is not the newest version, but it is the one that currently works on
alphas.  The most current is 3.14-2.  I tried specifying that and got to
essentially the same point.

> Or perhaps even just to update your di tree to the latest git which ought
> to be pointing at the current kernel version already.

This is a fresh di checkout.  It is current as far as I can tell.  Of course,
alpha has had installer built for it for quite a while.

> Ian.

Thanks for the suggestions,

Bill

--