Re: Re: the audio group

which is fine.....

But what if people decide to later not use logind/systemd? In what
does it hurt that the first created user is *also* added to the audio
group?

When a user is added to the audio group. He will always see all sound devices, even when logind tries to hide the device from the user. e.g. in a multi seat setting, an user on seat0 can control the sound devices from another user on seat1.

Especially now that we go to systemd as the default init system, I think it is wise to respect the systemd ACL settings. So we don't get unexpected behaviors.

Thanks,

floris