Re: Artwork for jessie?

I agree with Franz and Adrien... overall, there needs to be a desire or commitment to allowing a more modern style, so that the development required to implement it is no longer a 'de-selector'.

A good while back, we made https://wiki.debian.org/DebianArt/Themes/7th-element

For us, it was only an idea / conversation-starting-point, but I recall discussing here with the lead guys about trying to get it implemented, but the breakage was an issue (which I think Adrien is referring to).

This go around, either some some parameters should be clearly stated so that the creativity can be wrapped around it... or, determine that the theme issue will be addressed from the development side, and that creative freedom can be allowed... and we all get to working on designing a UI that will truly stand out from the rest and attract a larger user base.

Steve