Re: debian-installer: Use GeoIP support in installer

On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 07:56:52PM +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:
>(Not posting to the bug, because this is not GeoIP.)
>
>Has anyone looked into whether the EFI PlatformLang variable is at all
>useful?
>
>Windows 7 does not appear to use it, though I think Windows 8 may do.
>If Windows uses it, it's probably going to be a fairly good indicator of
>the locale the computer was sold in, which would be a good starting
>point.

Curious - have you ever seen this set to anything useful? Maybe I'm
just too cynical, but I'd expect to see it set to one of <blank>,
en_US, or zh_TW regardless of where a machine ends up being
sold... :-)

Who needs computer imagery when you've got Brian Blessed?