Re: Broken syslinux in sid

Daniel Baumann <daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net> (03/02/2013):
> reassign 699382 syslinux-themes-debian
> thanks
>
> On 02/03/2013 09:00 PM, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> >I really don't see how this could be a bug in syslinux-themes-debian
>
> because it has absolutely nothing to do with syslinux, see
> http://live.debian.net/gitweb/?p=live-build.git;a=commitdiff;h=1ef2dfea2b2b6685254b4a531d3eee501d103de6

That doesn't explain anything. Affected systems only have
syslinux{,-common} installed, and syslinux-themes-debian doesn't
appear in syslinux's build dependencies, so I still don't see how that
package relates to syslinux's being broken. I also don't see the link
with live-build.git.

cbrulebois@Cygnus:~/debian-installer/installer/build(0)$ grep ldlinux.c32 $(dpkg -L syslinux syslinux-common) 2>/dev/null
Binary file /usr/bin/syslinux matches
Binary file /usr/lib/syslinux/ldlinux.c32 matches
cbrulebois@Cygnus:~/debian-installer/installer/build(2)$ dpkg -s syslinux-themes-debian
dpkg-query: package 'syslinux-themes-debian' is not installed and no information is available
Use dpkg --info (= dpkg-deb --info) to examine archive files,
and dpkg --contents (= dpkg-deb --contents) to list their contents.

Now please explain how exactly syslinux-themes-debian is involved
here.

KiBi.