Broken syslinux in sid

Control: severity -1 serious
Control: reassign -1 syslinux 2:5.01+dfsg-1

Hi Daniel,

Daniel Baumann <daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net> (02/02/2013):
> reassign 699382 syslinux-themes-debian
> retitle 699382 update for syslinux 5.x
> tag 699382 pending sid
> reassign 699596 syslinux-themes-debian
> retitle 699596 update for syslinux 5.x
> tag 699596 pending sid
> forcemerge 699596 699382
> thanks

I really don't see how this could be a bug in syslinux-themes-debian
since that one isn't installed/pulled during a d-i build, yet the
images totally fail to boot when upgrading syslinux{,-common} from
2:4.06+dfsg-3 to 2:5.01+dfsg-1.

This is serious if not grave, breaking d-i builds. I'm currently
considering re-uploading syslinux version 4 to sid, since I see no
reasons for having version 5 there (especially so badly broken) when
we're trying to release wheezy. You have experimental for such things.

Please avoid breaking d-i, and avoid wasting our time.

KiBi.