Re: console-setup for wheezy....

On Sun, Jan  6, 2013 at 13:39:04 +0200, Anton Zinoviev wrote:

> My opinion is that at some time the new console-setup has to go to
> wheezy whatever the proper procedure for this is.  The changes in the
> .config file are not there for beauty, they fix very real and well
> hidden bugs.  Thats why I am not uploading to jessie.

A few questions while going through the diff:

- the new xkb-keymap stuff doesn't seem to support multiple keymaps, is
  that on purpose?  ("Yes" is fine, just making sure.)
- the source package contains
  debian/console-setup-{linux,freebsd}-udeb.substvars and
  Keyboard/ckb/symbols/compose which look bogus (at least they don't
  seem to be in git)
- why did the handling of bg,bg|us,bg|cs,cs|us,cs change (to apparently
  set unsupported_layout=no regardless of the XKBVARIANT value?
- why does the fallback case now set unsupported_layout=no?
- it looks like the various debconf variables related to xkb options are
  initially set based on the XKBOPTIONS value in the config file, and
  then possibly reset in the loop if STATE=6.  Is that even possible?
  Is there a description of the different STATE values somewhere?

Cheers,
Julien