Re: New git summary page

Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> (2013-10-09):
> I suspect we may want to delete jessie branches once they are merged
> into master, so that the testing column gets less crowded. Such branches
> are likely to only appear again when we start needing t-p-u uploads
> (hopefully not too soon, and not too often).

This would require people to use 'prune' from time to time. Instead,
I've just implemented detecting when the 'testing' branch is fully
merged into the 'unstable' one, using 'git merge-base':
  http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/d-i?view=revision&revision=68973

Given only two packages were then showing up, I checked master had the
relevant commit(s) as well, and merged the jessie branch in there. The
branch can then be reused when we need it, after a fast-forward merge.

Mraw,
KiBi.