Re: Keeping track of udeb uninstallability status

Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> (2013-09-21):
> As I've mentioned lately[1], it seemed like a good idea to try and
> implement some automated udeb (un)installability checks. It wasn't
> hard given there's already edos-debcheck[2], which does the job
> under the hood for edos.debian.net[3].
>
>  1. https://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2013/09/msg00406.html
>  2. http://packages.qa.debian.org/p/pkglab.html
>  3. http://edos.debian.net/

I missed the fact dose is now replacing edos. The latter should be
enough for the time being, though.

> A known limitation: d-i's build system "copies" a few packages into
> apt's state files while building, depending on what's installed on
> the host machine[8]; for now I've just hardcoded a "fake" version
> for a few packages, but that doesn't work for versioned Depends.
> Thinking of it, I think I might just look at what's available in
> the nearby (deb) Packages file, to get the right Package/Version.
>
>  8. build/util/get-packages (lines 111+) in src:debian-installer

Last run led to “trend: better (+0/-38)”, thanks to:
  http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/d-i?view=revision&revision=68896
  http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/d-i/trunk/scripts/edos4udebs?r1=68896&r2=68895&pathrev=68896

Mraw,
KiBi.