Re: preseeding de-latin1-nodeadkeys

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 12:32:15AM +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:

> I guess this is due to changes in the keyboard-configuration config
> script. Anton, could you have a look?  This is what was preseeded:
>
> keyboard-configuration  keyboard-configuration/xkb-keymap       select de
> keyboard-configuration  keyboard-configuration/variant  select  German - German (eliminate dead keys)
> keyboard-configuration  keyboard-configuration/variantcode      string nodeadkeys
>
> I guess it could rather have to be
>
> keyboard-configuration  keyboard-configuration/layout       select Germany
> keyboard-configuration  keyboard-configuration/variant  select  German - German (eliminate dead keys)
>
> which are the two questions I actually see asked when running
> dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration.

While I was preparing version 1.90 I didn't like how the preceeding
worked in c-s.  However I decided the changes I wanted to do are not
appropriate before the release of the new stable Debian, so I postponed
them.  What I did is a code that simply emulated the old behaviour.

Regarding the use of different preseeding values for d-i and for
keyboard-configuration - I must admit it didn't occur to me that this
can be an useful feature so this is not supported by the current code.

Anton Zinoviev