Re: preseeding de-latin1-nodeadkeys

Florian Lohoff, le Mon 20 May 2013 20:50:37 +0200, a écrit :
> On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 10:41:05PM +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> > Florian Lohoff, le Tue 14 May 2013 11:54:50 +0200, a écrit :
> > > i fail to preseed a  de-latin1-nodeadkeys keymap into the Wheezy
> > > d-i.
> >
> > Yes, only choices provided in the menu system can be preseeded.
>
> For d-i - What about keyboard-configuration?
>
> I did dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration to configure a
> de-latin1-nodeadkeys and took
>
> dpkg-get-selections | grep ^keyboard-configuration
>
> to preseed - which results in a us keyboard.

Aow, right, sorry.  I was mislead by the posting to debian-boot.

> > > Having a de deadkeys in d-i would be acceptable but not in the
> > > final system.
> >
> > Our current Debian policy is that the user can reconfigure the keyboard
> > after installation.
>
> I know they can - But i try to automate the installation via
> autoinstall/preseeding. This was no problem since etch and wheezy now
> fails to provide preseeding capabilities?

I guess this is due to changes in the keyboard-configuration config
script. Anton, could you have a look?  This is what was preseeded:

keyboard-configuration  keyboard-configuration/xkb-keymap       select de
keyboard-configuration  keyboard-configuration/variant  select  German - German (eliminate dead keys)
keyboard-configuration  keyboard-configuration/variantcode      string nodeadkeys

I guess it could rather have to be

keyboard-configuration  keyboard-configuration/layout       select Germany
keyboard-configuration  keyboard-configuration/variant  select  German - German (eliminate dead keys)

which are the two questions I actually see asked when running
dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration.

Samuel