Re: RFC: Future of cdebconf's gtk frontend: from gtk2 to gtk3

On 16 May 2013 00:42, Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> wrote:

> But if there are convincing arguments for a dual-gtk support, I guess
> we could figure something out.
>

>From experience of porting moderate sized projects, there is no point
in supporting both after some tipping point (e.g. gtk3 port works and
completes installs despite UI artifacts).
Once one reaches that point the plan can be: merge branches, drop
gtk2, upload to unstable, fix bugs.

One only gets bug reports after a long time which boil down to gtk2 vs
gtk3 theme/rendering/etc behaviour from users that did custom rebuilds
with the other gtk.

Regards,

Dmitrijs.