Re: Wheezy: Questions about UEFI boot etc.

On Wed, 2013-05-15 at 10:05 -0400, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 08:39:42AM +0200, Svante Signell wrote:
> > The installation went well, thanks. The remaining problem is that W8
> > boot manager partition on the SSD /dev/sda2 has the boot flag set (not
> > changeable from Linux, is it from W8?) On the SSD the Linux partition
> > is /dev/sda5, which I made bootable (also UEFI boot). However, even if
> > grub is written to /dev/sda no grub menu appears, and only W8 starts up
> > every time. Additionally, booting from the HDD does not seem to be
> > possible, at least within W8. How to access the UEFI boot manager, can
> > it be enabled by a BIOS setting change?
>
> grub needs to install to the boot manager partition, and add itself to
> the UEFI boot environment.  I have never tried it, but that's how it
> works according to what I have read about UEFI boot.

Thanks both of you for your help. I have now reinstalled wheezy. All
seems to go well again, even for grub-efi to install. Since I did not
get a question I assume the install was to /dev/sda2, where the EFI
partition is. However, independent of BIOS settings and install options
W8 comes up every time, no grub or boot menu visible. Maybe easyBCD is
next step?