re: d-i wheezy rc2 preparation, take 2

(please cc: me, not subscribed)

May I remind people about #696877 (when installing from USB stick,
 grub writes the MBR to the wrong device - the USB stick).

I think this problem has been around in some form or other in squeeze
(eg #666974) and possibly before and I really think it needs fixing.
It's going to need code changes (hopefully small) and possibly
translation changes.

I have looked into this myself but the grub-installer code is too
complex for me to debug, it needs someone more familiar with all the
corner cases in the code.

Cheers
Vince