d-i for wheezy on a Dreamplug, docs/recommended practice?

Hi,

having found some time to play with a Dreamplug I've given a go at
installing wheezy using the d-i RC1 images. Got hit by #703146, but that is
a separate problem (presumably d-i nightlies in the next few days will pick
up the fixed debootstrap?).

Anyhow, my question / offer to help is: AFAICS at the moment there is no
real documentation on how joe user can install wheezy on their Dreamplug
using d-i, or if there is I haven't found it.

In my case, being vaguely familiar with U-boot (and having just flashed
U-boot 2013.01.01 on the plug), I followed these steps:

    1. Download uImage and uInitrd from [1].
    http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/dists/testing/main/installer-armel/current/images/.
    2. Copy both to a (FAT-formatted) USB stick.
    3. Boot into U-boot, stop the autoboot and run the following commands:

        usb start
        usb tree
        [determine, using "fatls" etc, which device is the usb stick]
        setenv bootargs console=ttyS0,115200
        fatload usb 2:1 0x6400000 uImage
        fatload usb 2:1 0x8000000 uInitrd
        bootm 0x6400000 0x8000000

Who can I contact about getting these steps into the wheezy installation
guide in some prominent place?

Futher: What is a user w/o a JTAG device to do? How is he/she supposed to
run the installer?

Further #2: All of the instructions I've found on the net about upgrading
U-boot discuss either using OpenOCD (which is unreliable as hell, I never
managed to make it work due to timing problems), or using an existing
U-boot to load the new image and flash it.

There is another method which is not mentioned anywhere(!!) which I use and
is 100% reliable, namely booting over UART using kwuartboot [2], loading
the new image also over UART using e.g. kermit and then flashing it. Would
it be worthwhile to document this somewhere? If so, where? Obviously this
only works for people with the JTAG unit/some other compatible UART level
converter.

Best,

-mato

[1] http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/dists/testing/main/installer-armel/current/images/