Re: UEFI install from USB fails on Lenovo X1 Carbon

On 19 March 2013 22:27, Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> wrote:

There shouldn't be any need to copy files to a FAT32 USB
drive for UEFI - simply dd the installation image directly onto the
drive.

In this case, the system refuses to boot at all - I'm simply returned to the Lenovo boot menu

Also: which version of the installer did you use, and when you
say the "installer fails on boot" what exactly happened?

wheezy-di-rc1 from:
http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/wheezy_di_rc1/amd64/iso-cd/firmware-wheezy-DI-rc1-amd64-netinst.iso

When I say fails on boot, I mean I never see the Debian grub menu. I get the "error: prefix not set" message and then the screen goes to a single blinking cursor.

--Adam