Re: UEFI install from USB fails on Lenovo X1 Carbon

Adam wrote:
>The debian installer fails on boot after displaying "error: prefix not set"
>on my X1 carbon. This is after copying the files to a FAT32 USB drive so
>it'll boot in proper UEFI mode.
>
>Any ideas or ways to get additional debug information?

Hi Adam,

Could you give us a bit more information about exactly what you've
done please? There shouldn't be any need to copy files to a FAT32 USB
drive for UEFI - simply dd the installation image directly onto the
drive. Also: which version of the installer did you use, and when you
say the "installer fails on boot" what exactly happened?

"It's actually quite entertaining to watch ag129 prop his foot up on
 the desk so he can get a better aim."          [ seen in ucam.chat ]