Re: fails to detect usb mobile broadband device

On Tuesday 05 March 2013 03:14:46 Ben Hutchings wrote:
> On Mon, 2013-03-04 at 15:49 +0000, Richard Betham wrote:
> > I have, to-day, re-installed debian-wheezy-DI-rc1-i386-DVD.iso
> > on the same computer.
> > This time I did not plug the printer into the USB socket
> > However, I did plug in the USB mobile broadband device made by
> > Huawei before I started.
>
> [...]
>
> > I pressed <Ctrl><Alt><F7> and logged in as the user.
> > The computer successfully detected the USB Mobile Broadband.
> > I used the GUI to configure it.
> > It worked.
>
> Good, so the installed system basically works.
>
> > So far so good.
> > However the file /etc/apt/sources.list did not contain the right
> > mirror data.
> > I can correct this on my computer, but if I were to recommend
> > Debian7 to some-one else, then they might never update the
> > packages unless I do it for them.
>
> [...]
>
> Right, this does need to be fixed.  You should be asked whether
> you want to use that mirror in the installed system even though
> it's not accessible during installation.
>
> Ben.

If the mirror information were to appear correctly in the
file /etc/apt/sources.list ,  that would solve this issue to my
satisfaction.

What, if anything, should I do to cause the bug to be fixed?
Please will you file the bug report to ask for it to be done.
The fix might also close bug #429926 .

Best regards
Richard Betham