Re: fails to detect usb mobile broadband device

Le samedi, 2 mars 2013 18.14:03, Ben Hutchings a écrit :
> On Sat, 2013-03-02 at 11:25 +0000, Richard Betham wrote:
> > Installer failed to detect mobile broadband device on USB.
> > I suggest that the kernel module called 'option' should have been
> > installed, but it was not.
>
> The module is installed, but cannot be used during installation
> (configuring wireless modems is pretty complex).

I concur: this is very much likely not doable for Wheezy.

For what is worth, getting broadband access on the desktop needs a combination
of:
	udev (already in d-i)
	usb-modeswitch (+ usb-modeswitch-data, 276ko)
		libjim0debian$N (310ko)
		libusb-0.1 (already in d-i)

(at that point a useable /dev/modem$N device should be available)

	mobile-broadband-provider-info (313 ko)
	modemmanager (1168 ko)
	network-manager

So I think that this is (unfortunately) a use-case better served with Debian
Live e.g.

Cheers,

OdyX