Re: Early tests of d-i 20130211 / d-i wheezy rc1

Hi,

Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> wrote:
> Known (&annoying) bug: grub-installer vs. several disks (that includes
> installing from usb/sda onto sdb), which should be fixed by prompting
> when unsure, but that's only getting into rc2 (if everything goes
> well); proposed wording for an errata item is gladly welcome. AFAICT
> that's been the case since at least squeeze.

So I tried a proposal:

Installation of grub bootloader may fail if more than one disc device is
available

When there is more than one disc available during installation
(for example one harddisc and one usbstick, as it is commonly the case when
you boot the installer from a usbstick), grub-install may run into
problems: it was reported several times, that the grub bootloader was
installed onto the usbstick instead of the harddisc, where the rest of
the system was installed.
In such cases it is possible to resolve the situation like this:
boot into the rescue mode of the installer, chroot into your root filesystem,
mount any additional boot partition you may have (if you have such), and
run grub-install again.
A solution for this is already on the way (crossing fingers).

Holger

--
Created with Sylpheed 3.0.2