Re: Early tests of d-i 20130211 / d-i wheezy rc1

Holger Wansing <linux@wansing-online.de> (14/02/2013):
> Installation of grub bootloader may fail if more than one disc device is
> available
>
> When there is more than one disc available during installation
> (for example one harddisc and one usbstick, as it is commonly the case when
> you boot the installer from a usbstick), grub-install may run into
> problems: it was reported several times, that the grub bootloader was
> installed onto the usbstick instead of the harddisc, where the rest of
> the system was installed.
> In such cases it is possible to resolve the situation like this:
> boot into the rescue mode of the installer, chroot into your root filesystem,
> mount any additional boot partition you may have (if you have such), and
> run grub-install again.

Thank you very much. I guess it might be nice to also mention how to
avoid running into this situation, maybe be preseeding the proper
value at a given stage of the installation. I'll try and figure that
out when testing images later today.

Thanks again.

Mraw,
KiBi.