Re: Fwd: Missing network configuration after installing Wheezy image

Hi,

On 18 Jan 2013 12:46:24 +0100, Julian Pawlowski wrote:
> For me the line "No interface given; clearing /etc/network/interfaces"
> looks like the file could not be written correctly due to a missing
> interface name.

The write_loopback procedure of netcfg-common.c will wipe any existing
/etc/network/interfaces file (writing only an 'informative header') and
then add only a loopback interface:

> 1118     netcfg_write_interface(NULL);
> 1119     netcfg_write_interface(&lo);

This is triggered once from 40netcfg, and copied into the target
immediately.

Presumably ifupdown configuration happens sometime after.

The above write_loopback procedure is triggered again after install from
55netcfg-copy-config, if "netcfg/target_network_config" is set to
"nm_config" or "loopback".  (Wiping then writing just a loopback entry).

Maybe you need to preseed this setting to "ifupdown" for it to work as
expected?

Please attach your full /var/log/installer/syslog (gzipped) if that
doesn't help.

Thanks!
Regards,
--