Re: Fwd: Missing network configuration after installing Wheezy image

Hi Steven,

On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 9:39 PM, Steven Chamberlain <steven@pyro.eu.org> wrote:
Presumably ifupdown configuration happens sometime after.

The above write_loopback procedure is triggered again after install from
55netcfg-copy-config, if "netcfg/target_network_config" is set to
"nm_config" or "loopback".  (Wiping then writing just a loopback entry).

Maybe you need to preseed this setting to "ifupdown" for it to work as
expected?

Thanks a lot! Adding "d-i netcfg/target_network_config select ifupdown" helped to resolves this issue.
I'm quite happy now :-)

By the way, you might want to update the example preseed under http://www.debian.org/releases/wheezy/example-preseed.txt. I guess I would have been able to find the solution myself  if I'd had similar information like in netcfg-common.templates (which I just found because of some of your input :-)).

Cheers,
Julian