Re: all kinds of problems installing with IPMI serial-over-IP terminal - SOLVED (sort of)

Miles Fidelman <mfidelman@meetinghouse.net> writes:

> well, it turns out that the installer, when accessed over a remote
> serial connection, forgets its kernel options when going into rescue
> mode
>
> i.e.:
> boot: CR #works just fine
> boot: rescue CR # fails miserably
> boot: rescue console=ttyS2,115200n8 #works just fine

Well, you'd have to update the append line in rqtxt.cfg as well to make
that work without the "console=...".  It is not inherited from txt.cfg.

It sure would be nice if the installer menues were somewhat easier to
work with over a serial console, but I must admit that I don't have any
suggestion on how to do that...  If there just were some way to pick up
the console settings from the boot loader, but I don't think there are?

Bjørn