Re: cdebconf 0.159

On Fri, 16 Mar 2012 13:40:22 -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
Regis Boudin wrote:
Hi everyone !

That's it, after a month of testing on my main machine, I uploaded
cdebconf 0.159.

Although some features are still missing, it should actually be usable.
Well, I've been using it on my main machine for a month with 2 daily
updates, and a few "dpkg-reconfigure -a", and all blocking issues I've
seen since August have been identified and fixed.

Also, interesting milestone I believe, with a script modified only to add cdebconf to the required packages if DEBCONF_USE_CDEBCONF is set, I
could debootstrap a chroot, and compile a KDE application with
cowbuilder.

Perhaps it's time to get some wide testing? This could be done by
temporarily making debconf default DEBCONF_USE_CDEBCONF=1

Sounds like an idea. the various scripts will probably need an additional
check for cdbconf's existence, though, since it caused me trouble

Independant of that, it would be good to get cdebconf to the point it
does not depend on debconf.

That would certainly be very nice. The main reason to keep the dependency
so far has been because when some scripts were causing trouble I could
switch back easily to finish installing packages. Also because I'm not
certain how to handle the transition.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback.

Regis