Re: building and testing d-i with jenkins

Hi there!

On Wed, 05 Dec 2012 21:19:00 +0100, Holger Levsen wrote:
> there is now
> http://jenkins.debian.net/view/cd-tests/job/cd-test_wheezy_lxde/ doing
> a g-i installation of lxde desktop and producing a nice
> video as in
> http://jenkins.debian.net/view/cd-tests/job/cd-test_wheezy_lxde/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/results/cd-test-lxde-wheezy.ogv
> and I wonder other installations are sensible to do?

I know it would have happened sooner or later ;-)

> I also plan to boot the installed system and use vncdotool to login
> and shutdown at least. And definitly give os-autoinst.org a second
> look,
> as I think I'm close to reinventing some wheel... ;-)

This sounds to me like reinventing BabelBox, which IMHO is a better
solution given that we can use it outside Jenkins.

I have patches to use it in a VirtualBox instance (thus with 3D, I was
playing with it at the Paris Mini-DebConf 2012 on the Debian Events Box)
and take a screenshot of the resulting default desktop (ATM GNOME 3).  I
am sorry if it takes so much time to get them in the public Git
repository, but other Debian-related tasks are getting my free time.

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca