Re: netinst install-time compilation of network drier

Keith Moyer wrote:

<other stuff I'm not going to comment on>

> - The installed OS needs to be UEFI compatible, but the netinst image
>doesn't appear UEFI capable.  I was planning on either trying to make
>the image UEFI-capable (just move files to FAT32 partition and add a
>BOOTX64.efi file?) or changing my BIOS to CSM mode for the installation
>then changing it back to UEFI after.  Are there issues with either approach?

Hmmm. The beta4 netinst *should* be UEFI compatible already. If you're
booting off USB, how did you write the image to USB? I'm asking
because a lot of people are using unetbootin, and that's causing
issues for us...

> - I can't tell if I should chainload Windows via Grub, Debian via the
>Windows bootloader, or somehow have both as options in my UEFI (I've
>seen conflicting statements in each direction).

Either of the first two should be easy enough AFAIK, it just depends
on your own preference. I'd go for grub chainloading Windows
personally. I know there are people working on a UEFI boot menu
program, but I've not got much details on that...

"We're the technical experts.  We were hired so that management could
 ignore our recommendations and tell us how to do our jobs."  -- Mike Andrews