Re: I want x feature

2012/11/16 Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org>
gmail, le Fri 16 Nov 2012 13:13:55 -0700, a écrit :
Please file a wishlist bug report for that. But also please find
somebody with enough time and motivation to actually do it, the
debian-installer team is very small and have more important priorities.

> > Alejandro Alcántar, le Sat 21 Jul 2012 13:37:39 -0600, a écrit :
> > > its a resizing hard drive.
> > > i thing would be a big step, to make easy  install debian for a novice.
> >
> > See installation manual, e.g.
> > http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/install.txt.en
> >
> > and look for "resize" in the Manual Partitioning section.
>
> i dont understand  why  need to read hundreds of  pages of TEXT   before
> install DEBIAN,

You don't need to read hundreds of pages of text. You just need to
search for what you want inside it, and that's very easy. For instance
here, look for "resize".

First hit:

If your machine has a FAT or NTFS filesystem, as used by DOS and
Windows, you can wait and use Debian installer's partitioning program to
resize the filesystem.

Second hit:

3.5.1.1. Lossless Repartitioning When Starting From DOS, Win-32 or OS/2

One of the most common installations is onto a system that already contains DOS
(including Windows 3.1), Win32 (such as Windows 95, 98, Me, NT, 2000, XP, 2003,
Vista, 7), or OS/2, and it is desired to put Debian onto the same disk without
destroying the previous system. Note that the installer supports resizing of
FAT and NTFS filesystems as used by DOS and Windows. Simply start the installer
and when you get to the partitioning step, select the option for Manual
partitioning, select the partition to resize, and specify its new size. So in
most cases you should not need to use the method described below.

Which is *exactly* what you need. Did you actually even try by yourself?

Samuel

suggested for  "debian grafical installer" ,  i dont care about program on  " *.EXE " or use MS-Dos.

i try  on  "manual patitioning" and i don found "resize". only  delete partition  and others...

if they  exist  they  not are soooo easy to found ,

considering that the vast majority of beginner desktop users share  debian with window$ they (we) can not foud resize tool

debian need to exhibit to view more this tool  (the gif )
http://sliceoflinux.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/instalar-ubuntu-9-10-06_animado.gif

--
AlexLikeRock