Re: local mirror updates problem

Paul DiSciascio wrote:

>I'm having a problem with updates during a preseeded autoinstallation.
>What I'm essentially looking for is the "right way" to provide a local
>mirror along with a local updates repository to the installer with a
>preseed file.  I have found little to no documentation on this topic.  It
>seems straightforward enough after installation, but if I dont point it
>somewhere else during installation, the installer will complain, and I need
>it to finish up unattended.

I'm using a local package cache through approx rather than a static mirror
clone, and point the installer (and thus apt/sources.list) to that for setup and
updates. Approx will fetch newer versions as needed, so I don't need to do
anything else to keep the mirror updated. There are separate debian and security
stanzas in approx.conf, so the mirrors are http://server.domain.xyz:9999/debian
and http://server.domain.xyz:9999/security.

I haven't tried preseeding, but it should work the same way.  --Don