Re: partitions - primary vs logical and bootability

Hi Charles,

On Nov 11, 2012, at 4:56 AM, Charles Blair wrote:

  Thanks again.  I wish these issues had been
addressed either by the installer itself or by the
installation instructions.  Tnere must be
many other unsophisticated users that
have encountered this problem.

You're welcome, of course.  That's what these lists are for.

If you succeed in your experiments, one thing you can do to help the next person is: write-up your experiences. If you follow the basic format of the installation manual, I think there might be somebody here who would be willing to help you to get it into shape to include as an appendix to the manual.

A good place to start is the Debian wiki at
    http://wiki.debian.org/

If you decide to start a wiki page, let us know the URL so we can contribute our thoughts too.

That's what open source is all about, after all -- share and share alike. Share the effort; share the benefits.

Enjoy!

Rick