Re: CD1 without a network mirror isn't sufficient to install a full desktop environment

Well, I know there *is* a Git commit to set it to xfce instead of gnome, but I don't know how authoritative or influential it will end up being.  I also like the idea of compressing/trimming GNOME.  Thanks for the feedback.

http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=tasksel/tasksel.git;a=commit;h=2a962cc65cdba010177f27e8824ba10d9a799a08

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 8:06 PM, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 5:28 AM, Ztatik Light wrote:

> But, even *more* reason to not entirely push GNOME
> aside for Xfce. ;)

That hasn't happened at all, the tech media you have been reading and
believing neglected to check their facts:

pabs@chianamo ~/tasksel-3.13 $ grep -A3 tasksel/desktop debian/templates
Template: tasksel/desktop
Type: multiselect
Choices: gnome, kde, xfce, lxde
Default: gnome

Indeed, the release team have been pursuing compressing GNOME better
so it will fit.

--
bye,
pabs