Re: CD1 without a network mirror isn't sufficient to install a full desktop environment

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 03:23:09PM +0200, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> You can’t be serious. Xfce is way more different from GNOME 2 than GNOME
> 3 classic is.

Well if gnome 3 classic was the default, then fine.  But gnome 3 with
the new panel as default is really not acceptable and just plain mean
to users.

> If those users are satisfied with Xfce, that’s very good for them, and I
> agree Xfce is of very good quality.  However, it still lacks a number of
> features and for many use cases, you need pieces of GNOME with it.

Well it certainly doesn't lack the basic features I use that gnome 3
with the new panel is missing.

> I would not qualify most of the whiners as “fellow contributors”.

Perhaps not, but I think a pretty large chunk would qualify.

--
Len Sorensen