Re: CD1 without a network mirror isn't sufficient to install a full desktop environment

Le mardi 11 septembre 2012 à 13:06 +0100, Ian Jackson a écrit :
> I have encountered numerous people who have been complained (not in
> particular to me, just i general) about changes to GNOME.  Not being a
> GNOME user myself I don't really appreciate these complaints.
> However, I have observed that these complainants have generally been
> told by their peers to switch to xfce and been broadly satisfied with
> the results.
>
> I haven't seen anyone in my social circles praise these changes as
> good for them.
>
> Based on this, I think there is at the very least no reason to
> reverse the decision to switch the Debian default to xfce.

You can’t be serious. Xfce is way more different from GNOME 2 than GNOME
3 classic is.

If those users are satisfied with Xfce, that’s very good for them, and I
agree Xfce is of very good quality.  However, it still lacks a number of
features and for many use cases, you need pieces of GNOME with it.

> Please do not accuse fellow contributors of bad faith.

I would not qualify most of the whiners as “fellow contributors”.

--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :