Re: Reminder: Please update d-i manual translations for Wheezy

Hi,

Jeroen Schot <schot@A-Eskwadraat.nl> wrote:
> Op zo, aug 05, 2012, om 09:53:14 +0200 schreef Holger Wansing:
> > in preparation of the Wheezy release it would be fine, if you could
> > take some time and update the d-i manual translation for your language.
> >
> > Since we already released debian-installer alpha1 and beta1, this is most
> > likely the very last chance to get an up-to-date translation on the CDs for
> > Wheezy.
> >
> > If you have questions, ask on debian-boot@lists.debian.org.
>
> I'm volunteering to coordinate the Dutch translation of the D-I
> manual.
>
> The Dutch translation of the D-I manual is in a poor state. Frans has
> done a lot of work on it, but in the last years more than half of the
> XML files are outdated, and updating the XML translations is a very
> time consuming endeavour.
>
> My intention is to switch the Dutch translation as a PO-based one.
> This unfortunately means restarting from almost scratch. My attempt
> to automatically convert the current XML translation resulted in only
> 18 translated strings and 15 fuzzies...
>
> I have no illusion of translating the manual for the wheezy release,
> but I want to get it in a state where new contributers can easily
> start helping.
>
> Any remarks or objections on this?

Help on the dutch translation would be greatly appreciated, indeed.
As I saw, you are already a member of the debian-installer on Alioth
and should therefore has the needed privileges, so please go ahead :-)
If you need help, please shout.

Holger

--