Re: Reminder: Please update d-i manual translations for Wheezy

Hello Holger et al.,

Op zo, aug 05, 2012, om 09:53:14 +0200 schreef Holger Wansing:
> in preparation of the Wheezy release it would be fine, if you could
> take some time and update the d-i manual translation for your language.
>
> Since we already released debian-installer alpha1 and beta1, this is most
> likely the very last chance to get an up-to-date translation on the CDs for
> Wheezy.
>
> If you have questions, ask on debian-boot@lists.debian.org.

I'm volunteering to coordinate the Dutch translation of the D-I
manual.

The Dutch translation of the D-I manual is in a poor state. Frans has
done a lot of work on it, but in the last years more than half of the
XML files are outdated, and updating the XML translations is a very
time consuming endeavour.

My intention is to switch the Dutch translation as a PO-based one.
This unfortunately means restarting from almost scratch. My attempt
to automatically convert the current XML translation resulted in only
18 translated strings and 15 fuzzies...

I have no illusion of translating the manual for the wheezy release,
but I want to get it in a state where new contributers can easily
start helping.

Any remarks or objections on this?

Kind regards,

Jeroen Schot