Re: install problem

On Tue, Aug 07, 2012 at 04:47:49PM -0400, samuel arellano wrote:

> Well, I've tried with mini iso, the network device issue is resolved in my
> opinion, because the installer asked me for privative firmware for wlan and eth
> (I said no) and then seems like charged a generic firmware because the DHCP
> request was sucessful.

>From the syslog I see that you have an RTL8168e/8111e ethernet controller.
While there is non-free firmware for it, on many mainboards built with it
basic network functionality is available also without the firmware image
loaded.  This is probably the reason why the DCHP request works even if the
firmware for the device has not been loaded.

> Then I gave my name, my password but now I have a problem with partitions,
> because in the step "starting partition" it keeps in 47% and freezes, it
> happened twice.

Hm, it looks like the attempted fix from bug #683849 did not solve this
problem in your case. Could you change to a shell via ALT-F2 while this
freeze occurs and provide us with the output of "ps w"?

Regards,
Karsten
--
Gem. Par. 28 Abs. 4 Bundesdatenschutzgesetz widerspreche ich der Nutzung
sowie der Weitergabe meiner personenbezogenen Daten für Zwecke der