Re: install problem

ok, I'll try this.

thanks.

El 07/08/12 06:26, Karsten Merker escribió:
On Mon, Aug 06, 2012 at 05:41:18PM -0400, samuel arellano wrote:

hi, since about ten days ago I have a problem trying to install debian testing,
I boot from usb stick and in the step of "detecting network hardware" the
screen keeps blue, I've tried with many images downloaded in differentes days
and the problem remains.

I hope you can answer me
In the current debian-installer beta versions there seems to be a
problem when network devices are detected for which some non-free
firmware is needed.  One typical case are WLAN devices, but some
onboard ethernet controllers can also be affected by this.  The
cause for this behaviour is still being investigated.  Until
there is a proper solution, you could try the following
workaround:

- Start the installer in text mode

- When the installer hangs in the "detecting network hardware"
   stage, press CTRL-C, which will bring you back to the installer
   menu.

- Run the "detect network hardware" stage again. If it hangs
   again, press CTRL-C again and re-run the "detect network
   hardware" again.  Repeat this until the network gets
   configured.  Depending on the number and types of network
   devices in your computer, this can take 2 to 5 cycles of
   rerunning the stage.  If you do not get to the "configure the
   network" stage after 5 cycles, this workaround probably does
   not work on your hardware (it depends on whether there is at
   least one network device in the computer that is able to work
   without non-free firmware).

It would be helpful for further debugging of this issue if you
could provide us with the contents of /var/log/syslog of the
installer system after the problem occured and if you could give
a short description of the type of hardware you are trying to
install on (in particular the mainboard model and the types of
additional network devices such als WLAN cards).

If possible, it would also be helpful if you could try
installation again with today's netboot mini.iso (available at
http://d-i.debian.org/daily-images/i386/20120807-00:19/netboot/mini.iso)
and tell us whether the problem still occurs with it.

Regards,
Karsten