Re: Byte queue limits in Linux for wheezy / linux kernel ABI bumps

On Sat, Aug  4, 2012 at 13:53:17 +0200, Cyril Brulebois wrote:

> Now that d-i wheezy beta1 is finally out, I'll try and figure out what
> exactly breaks in d-i when the linux kernelgets its ABI bumped. Apparently
> netboot and mini.iso are concerned, but it would be nice to have that
> checked, and documented.

AFAIK, all images that download udebs from the archive can break with
any kernel migration to testing, because they'd get modules newer than
the kernel (without an ABI bump).

In case of ABI bumps, where the old udebs go away, these same images
won't be able to download the modules, so they'll break.

[Please somebody correct the above if this is nonsense]

Cheers,
Julien