Re: [SCM] d-i netcfg repository branch, people/sorina/coding_style, created. 1.65-204-g6652eb1

On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 02:54:55PM +0300, Sorina - Gabriela Sandu wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 12:50 PM, Philipp Kern <pkern@debian.org> wrote:
> > On Sat, Jul 28, 2012 at 11:54:37PM +0200, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> >> FWIW: If you want to push those changes into wheezy at some point,
> >> that's a bit unnice to the ones who get to review the changes, be
> >> it on the debian-boot@ or on the debian-release@ sides…
> > Not only that, it also makes merging of branches (like the ipv6 one)
> > unnecessarily hard, I guess.
> I think it's for the best if the entire package uses the same coding
> style rules, it's a bit uncomfortable to have some sources in one way
> and some in the other. I was also planning to do some more coding
> style fixes, but if it causes too much trouble, I can drop the plan.

I sometimes agree, especially when it's entirely unclear which coding style to
use. But I'd prefer that it's kept until possible feature branches are merged.
It also invalidates patches that might be lingering around in the BTS.

I guess we could look at some of that post-freeze.

Kind regards
Philipp Kern