Sources for released debian-installer images ?

Hi dear FTP-Masters,
(CC-ing -boot for information)

while discussing the current Built-Using fields generated in debian-installer
binary packages over IRC, I noticed the following problem:

	Our mirrors network distributes debian-installer images without providing
	the sources of the packages needed for their construction (despite Built-
	Using).

As an example is worth 1000 words:

a) In the current wheezy installer-* directories, we ship the 20120508 debian-
installer images, aka:

	debian/dists/wheezy/main/installer-amd64/20120508/images/

b) But there is no 20120508 debian-installer binary package available (which
is the one carrying the Built-Using information) there:

	debian/pool/main/d/debian-installer/

c) In the particular case of the 20120508 debian-installer package, the Built-
Using field (I checked from snapshot.d.o) is at least not satisfied for the
"alsa-lib (= 1.0.25-2)" package that is not anymore available from:

	debian/pool/main/a/alsa-lib/

At first sight, there are two ways around:

 i) keep all debian-installer binary packages around;
ii) drop the past debian-installer images (besides the shipped by the suite)
    from the dists/ directory.

Ideas, other ways forward ?

Cheers,

OdyX