Re: Problem with autoconfiguration process

Hi,

On 28-06-2012 13:24, H.D. wrote:
Hello, I had some difficulty installing Debian. Specifically, when I'm
doing the network autoconfiguration, the wizard is asking for me to
download the  rtl_nic/rtl8105e-1.fw file.

I have checked countless forums online and many of them suggest
downloading another package. The only problem with that is that I can
not download anything yet (even if I use Ctrl-Alt-F2) because
rtl_nic/rtl8105e-1.fw is needed to access my wifi or web.

Can you please help me with this?

Debian Installer don't include non-free firmware but if the user wants it's possible to load it during the installation process.
You can do it as described on the installation guide [1].

Altough Debian don't distribute non-free packages there is a non-free section on the archive. The file you mention is included on the firmware-realtek package [2].

I hope this helps.

1 - http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.amd64/ch06s04.html
2 - http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=firmware-realtek
--