Use of existing encrypted partition during install

Hi.

I can see that over the years a couple of bug reports have been
submitted flagging that debian-installer can't manage existing encrypted
partitions during install. Given the relative technical ease of
integrating lvm/luks tools into a menu, I'm wondering if this hasn't
achieved any traction for other reasons (?). I can think of several use
cases where this could be a show stopper.

All the best,

Kristian