Re: String freeze for Debian Installer

Quoting Philipp Kern (pkern@debian.org):
> On Wed, Apr 04, 2012 at 07:03:14AM +0200, Christian PERRIER wrote:
> > I would like to call for a "string freeze" in Debian Installer
> > packages. As you may have read elsewhere (mostly through my boring
> > blog posts), I'm currently fighting for bringing localization back to
> > completeness for several languages. And this is a very time consuming
> > task.
>
> Still, you should announce it with a deadline and not just declare it frozen.
> The volatile bit will *REQUIRE* changing for this release.  For the last one I
> accept that there was a freeze in effect.  But there was plenty of time to fix
> it.

The "sublevel 6" is now in place for strings we want to change after a
unilaterally called freeze..:-)

So, now, changing things for good volatile support is possible as long
as the said templates are marked as belonging to sublevel 6.

And that also allows me to call for a string "half-freeze" whenever I
feel the need for it, without any endless discussion..:-)

To Charles Plessy: please also add the templates your proposed for
network-preseed, as long as you mark the strings as belonging to
sublevel 6.