Re: cat'ing remastered iso's direct to usb?

On March 22, 2012 09:44:47 pm Thomas Schmitt wrote:

Thanks so much for responding Thomas, and I do have to apologize at that rather poor attempt at using the xorriso command. Must have been the end of the day when I put that doozy together :)

Anyhow, I made the updated xorriso binary, then ran it against the new command I used and xorriso definitely didn't output near as many warnings and complaints.

But still had a problem with virtualbox. Both your testing commands worked out fine, and was really wanting the weekend to hit early at that point. When I noticed the iso didn't have the correct permissions. Ack :)

Sure enough fixed the perms, and it booted up in vbox just fine and am running a test install right now.

Onto my preseed partition overwriting issue now :)

Thanks a ton! And for reference, here is the command I used to build the image, as for all my googling I could not find an example of using xorriso to make an image (outside of .disk/mkisofs that wasn't working for me :) )

/home/ryan/xorriso/xorriso-1.2.0/xorriso/xorriso -as mkisofs -r -checksum_algorithm_iso md5,sha1 -V 'Debian 6.0.4 i386 1' -o /var/opt/newest.iso \

-J -isohybrid-mbr /home/ryan/debian-6.0.4-i386-kde-CD-1.iso -partition_offset 16 -J -joliet-long -cache-inodes \

-b isolinux/isolinux.bin -c isolinux/boot.cat -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table /var/opt/master

--

Ryan Braun

Aviation and Defence Services Division

Chief Information Officer Branch, Environment Canada

CIV: 204-833-2500x2625 CSN: 257-2625 FAX: 204-833-2558

E-Mail: Ryan.Braun@ec.gc.ca